Epolin is expanding to support our explosive growth. We are currently seeking an experienced organic chemist to join our team as R&D Director.
Epolin, the leading manufacturer of Near Infrared (NIR) dyes globally, is seeking an experienced, R&D dye chemist to assume leadership of our R&D and production synthesis activities. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to learn Epolin’s current synthesis methods from the current R&D director and will assume that role leading our small-scale synthesis and larger scale production team. This full-time position located at our Newark NJ, USA facility and allows for work schedule flexibility.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Organic & organometallic dye synthesis and research
- Small scale dye production and support of pilot scale manufacturing
- Raw material and intermediate qualification and supplier management
- Continuously improve the quality, yield, safety, and scalability of new & existing products
- Manage the R&D innovation pipeline and associated deliverables
- Ensure laboratory activities are conducted to established safety and regulatory requirements.
- Evaluates data from laboratory testing, QA and batch records to ensure quality while identifying improvement opportunities for standardization within future SOPs .
- Maintains production lot, lab notebook and project documentation
- Ph.D. in Chemistry with 3+ years’ experience within an organic chemistry laboratory, pilot scale and production environment.
- In-depth knowledge of metallo-organic synthesis of light absorbing dyes.
- Prior R&D experience synthesizing Phthalocyanine, Porphyrin, Dithiolene, Polymethine, Squarylium, Cyanine, Quinone, or Rylene chemistries
- Working knowledge of: Characterization of synthesized molecules; Purification and isolation; Spectral analysis; lab instrumentation and analytical techniques.
- Excellent laboratory and safety practices
- Demonstrated technical proficiency, strong integrative analytical skills, and scientific creativity.
- Maintains high level of scientific knowledge related to ongoing developments within NIR and visible dyes.
- Candidates with a Master’s degree and 5 years of experience may be considered.
Initiative – Works independently and can assess risks with little or no supervision
Judgment – Exhibits sound decision making and communicates rationale where appropriate
Problem Solving – Able to identify problems, collect data, draw conclusions and implements sounds solutions.
Safety – Exhibits the highest level of concern for ongoing safety improvement. Ensures safe and environmentally sound procedures and working practices are utilized by all employees.
Quality – Monitors processing conditions and product quality data with the goal of continuous improvement of quality and yield.
Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and efficiently plans work to complete projects on time with appropriate documentation. and within budget. Supports and effectively communicates with other departments.
Teamwork – Acts as part of a cohesive team by balancing individual and team responsibilities. Engages in open communication and supports the organization’s goals and values.
Epolin offers an attractive compensation package that includes a competitive salary, bonus opportunity, 401K and a complete benefits package. Qualified candidates may be eligible for visa sponsorship.
Company – Epolin
For 30 years Epolin has pioneered the development and manufacture of near-infrared absorbing dyes, inks, and thermoplastic compounds. We are recognized globally for our expertise in optimizing near-infrared and visible light transmittance in plastic injected molded & cast parts, film extrusions, laminates, pressure sensitive adhesives, and coatings. Epolin’s dyes are used in a myriad of thermoplastic and thermoset polymeric materials including polycarbonate, acrylic, polyamide, cellulose propionate, polystyrene, PVC, vinyl, COC, and polyurethane.
Epolin is a wholly owned subsidiary of Chroma Color Corporation.
Epolin is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Resume or CV submissions containing job title may be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org